D&G are delighted that the UK housing market has reopened, and we can recommence property viewings and valuations. We know there may still be some uncertainty about letting people into your home, so we will continue to offer virtual viewings and valuations for those that would prefer.
We want to reassure you that when visiting properties, all our Agents will be adhering to government social distancing guidelines and following our safety procedures below. The health of our clients, customers, community and our employees come first.
Our offices are now open and our staff are adhering to Government social distancing guidelines.
If you need to get in touch with us, please find a full list of our local branch details here.
Before Viewings & Valuations:
- All occupants of the property will be asked whether they are showing symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate, before arranging any appointments.
- All parties present at or attending a viewing or valuation must maintain a 2-metre separation as per the governments social distancing guidance.
- Applicants must make their own way to appointments as it is not possible for a D&G staff member to drive them.
- Applicants and Agent should come to viewings and valuations with appropriate PPE (hand sanitiser, face mask and gloves).
- If a sale is delayed due to one or more involved parties falling ill with coronavirus, D&G will work with our clients and any other parties affected to arrange a new move date.
During Viewings & Valuations:
- Viewings and valuations will be conducted by appointment only.
- Occupiers should have opened all internal doors prior to the appointment.
- The occupier should vacate the property whilst viewings are taking place in order to minimise contact with those not in their household.
- Once the viewing or valuation has taken place, the homeowner should wipe down worksurfaces, door handles and light switches using antibacterial cleaning products.
- All parties present at or attending a viewing or valuation must maintain a minimum of 2 metres distance.
- The Agent conducting the viewing will be the first one to enter the property and the last one to leave.
- The number of Applicants on a viewing will be restricted to 2 people, so that social distancing can be practised. Only those in the immediate household should attend. Should the household be an HMO with 3 or more Applicants the group should be divided and shown around separately (subject to the size of property – Agent will advise at booking).
- Shoes should be removed upon entering the property and, after doing so, hands should be sanitised.
- Applicants should avoid touching surfaces, handles, light switches etc. whilst in the property.
- All keys handled will be sanitised before and after use.
For more information on the Governments advice for moving home during the COVID-19 outbreak, visit Gov. guidance.